We are excited to tell you that we have launched a new bedside meal ordering module, which we call ‘Picnic’.
Picnic has been developed in direct consultation with NHS hospitals and provides a big leap forward in solving many problems relating to bedside food and beverage ordering.
Picnic’s features can be customised depending on need, making this module appropriate for use in care homes, hospices as well as schools.
Why you will love Picnic?
- Picnic tracks the meal order by ward and bed, and enables the catering staff to see choices as they are made, in real time! This information helps catering teams to fulfil orders as efficiently as possible.
- Picnic provides a simple, user-friendly way via tablet to place orders for drinks, snacks and meals, with photos and descriptions of all available choices.
- Any potential allergens, cultural, medical or dietary requirements can be flagged so appropriate choices are made.
- Plus, it includes a feedback function giving patients the ability to rate their meal or provide recommendations back to the kitchen.
- Picnic enables to create a range of menus with fully costed recipes, which integrates with the organisations’ overall Pi procurement system.
- This means you can automatically track budgets, stock, meal preferences and importantly provide complete nutritional and allergen information on every ingredient used in each dish.
- From a management perspective, the system gives catering managers access to live stock control tracking, meaning every menu choice is recorded.
- This allows the kitchen to better understand patient preferences, helping them plan future menu production to meet demand.
- By having complete visibility of spend analysis by recipe, it also means that budgets can be analysed by cost centres, nominals or by wards, giving better overall budgetary control.
Find out more
For further details on the new Picnic system and how it might help you – contact the Pi team at PiSupport@PelicanProcurement.co.uk or call them on 01252 705 201 – they will be happy to assist you.