We are recruiting into our buying team and we are looking for an experienced fresh food buyer (ideally meat, fish or fresh produce experience). You’ll join the team in Farnborough and be part of the European buying team. We offer flexible and hybrid working in a high-end office with a great culture.
So what’s the job?
To lead and develop our supplier proposition with focus on fresh food categories, managing supplier performance and negotiating pricing and terms with key suppliers. You will also support improving client retention and driving growth in line with the business strategy together with providing category expertise and sharing knowledge with internal teams and clients.
So what are we looking for from you?
I’m looking for someone with buying expertise across the fresh food categories. You’ll be a proven team player with a strong background in delivering results. The role will focus on the UK market but knowledge of the Irish market would be a real plus. Having knowledge of working within a Group Purchasing Organisation would also be a benefit but is not essential.
- Proven success of negotiating with suppliers
- Expertise in managing supplier performance
- Strong commercial and financial awareness
- Team player
- CIPS qualification or studying towards (desirable but not essential), please note we do support professional study.
- Good working knowledge of using Excel